Rutgers has a site license for ESRI GIS software.
Faculty, staff, and students doing non-commercial academic work now have free access through software.rutgers.edu to Esri’s ArcGIS software. ArcGIS is a geographic information system (GIS) platform that offers both desktop and cloud-based applications for displaying and analyzing location-based data. You can set up your ArcGIS account through the Rutgers Software Portal. If you have any questions, please email the software team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I learn about GIS at Rutgers?
- Contact GIS specialist Sue Oldenburg, NBLibraries and OARC@CoRE
- Center for Remote Sensing and Spatial Analysis Program
- Continuing Education Program
- Department of Geography Program
- The Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy Program
Where can I use GIS software at Rutgers?
A Rutgers net ID and password are needed for all of the options listed below.
- Rutgers Public Computer Labs
- Through the Rutgers Virtual Computer labs (access from any platform Mac or PC).
- On your own computer if you get the software through the Rutgers Software Portal.
Where can I Get Help with Research?
The Office of Research Analytics‘ staff utilize state of the art Geographic Information Systems (GIS) that enables spatial relationships in data to be visualized through various layers of geographic variables.